Monday, November 26, 2007

What is a Man and how do I become one?

First off, let me say that no, I do not think I am currently a man. Right now, there is way too much boy in me for me to rightfully lay claim to that term. However, I have seen men and know men, One in particular, to realize that I not only desire but I must become one. And I hope and pray that I am clearly heading in the right direction, and that someday very soon God will make me a man. When expressing his own lack of faith to a Moravian, John Wesley was told, "Preach faith till you have it; and then because you have it, you will preach faith." So that is what I will endeavor to do. I will preach manhood until I have it. Stay posted...

1 comment:

Fr. Bill said...

As one who has labored on the answer to this question for a couple of decades now, here's my short answer (inviting your critique as you work out your own answer):

Man is a Lord of the Earth (Gen 1).

Man is a husbandman (Gen. 2)

Man is a savior (Gen 3, particularly God's promise to Eve)

Man is a sage (Proverbs 1-9).

Man is the glory of God (1 Cor. 11).